Warmer (and rainier) weather is approaching the Key West and Lower Keys areas, and now is a good time to ensure that your investment property is prepared for the extreme temperatures and weather ahead. Small, consistent investments in maintaining the quality of your property will save you time and money not only in the short term, but also in the long run.
Consider these maintenance tips to help your investment property thrive in the warmer months:
- Inspect your deck or patio for possible deterioration and safety hazards, such as loose boards and protruding nails. Warmer weather and moisture cause these to warp over time. Oftentimes, the deck or patio is the center of activity in the summer months so keep it safe and ready for use.
- Summer is prime time for air conditioning use. There is nothing worse than a broken air conditioner, so take the time to service your AC unit before the warmer months and keep an eye on it. Replacing AC filters monthly is a good standard practice. Quickly checking other electrical features for damage will help you avoid fire hazards or potential problems. In addition, in extreme weather conditions like a torrential downpour, your air conditioning can experience severe damage to the electrical components if it sits in water. Monitor the placement of the unit and make sure it isn’t in a flood zone.
- Maintain your gutters. After a summer rainstorm, gutters can become obstructed with leaves and other debris. Such clogs can create standing water intrusion which lead to destruction of your home’s foundation and/or roof. Make sure gutters are free of objects that could prevent free flow of water and direct water away from the home.
- Prepare for insects and pests. No summer home maintenance checklist is complete without a reminder to monitor for pests. Make sure you are taking proper care to spray for bugs if necessary and keep yards and entryways clear of debris. Consider inspecting the caulking around the windows and doors of your home. You can keep ants and bugs at bay in the kitchen by adding fresh caulking to your windows and doors.
- Clean the garbage disposal and kitchen sink. During the warmer months, humidity and sun increase bacteria in the garbage disposal. Put garbage disposal cleaner down the drain, which will disinfect it and remove any clogs. Remove food stains and rust from the sink. Alternatively, you can have a plumber do an inspection.
- Service your irrigation system. This will reduce water usage during the hot days of summer, avoid landscape damage, and decrease standing water.
A little bit of maintenance goes a long way as an investment to avoid larger, long-term problems. If you don’t have the time to oversee this maintenance yourself, the right property management company can ensure that your investment property is maintained with utmost care.
Alta Vista Services is a premier luxury lifestyle management service provider and luxury lifestyle concierge, offering high-end services for property maintenance. Check out the home services we provide to review other maintenance tasks and routine checklists you should be doing to keep your home in top condition.
Our property managers take care of the maintenance for your investment property, so you can enjoy time in your personal paradise. If you continuously ask yourself, “How can I find the premier property management near me?” ― be certain to learn more about Alta Vista Services. We provide exceptional property management services to meet and exceed your needs.
For more information about how Alta Vista Services can provide extraordinary maintenance on your investment home in Key West and the Lower Keys, call (305) 293-2702 or email email@example.com. Visit www.altavistaresources.com, Facebook.com/altavistakw, Twitter.com/altavistakw or Instagram.com/altavistakw for more information.